The safety and well being of our Carmel Mountain Preschool Family is paramount. Some of the most important things that children need in order to support an ideal learning environment are that they are safe and loved. Our staff and teachers go above and beyond to make sure that is happening, especially in today’s world. Since Carmel Mountain Preschool has kept our doors open throughout the pandemic we have the experience and success of running a preschool safely. Here are some of the things we are doing:
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
Enhanced Drop Off Protocols:
- No visitors. Only Staff and Children allowed on Campus
- Parents will drop off and pick up outside our gates while wearing masks and social distancing
- Daily Screenings of all Staff and Students. Temperature checks, symptom checks, and individual confirmation of compliance with the Covid 19 Health Assessment by everyone who comes on campus. Anyone showing signs of illness will not be allowed on campus.
- Stay Home if Sick Policy will be strictly enforced. Staff and children must be away from preschool and may return 72 hours after symptoms have resolved if they have any of the following signs or symptoms: fever above 100 degrees, cough, shortness of breath, nasal congestion/rhinorrhea (runny nose), sore throat, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, new loss of taste or smell, headache, muscle aches, body aches, or poor appetite.
- Washing hands upon arrival by staff and students.
- If you have traveled to a high-risk area, please stay home for 14 days.
Enhanced Campus Protocols:
- Vigilant Hand Washing Procedures throughout the campus. Children will be washing their hands constantly. Sinks and soap are in every classroom, playground, and outdoor learning deck, as well as our bathrooms.
- Outdoor Sinks at CMP campus entrances so that staff, children, and parents can wash their hands, which is much more effective than hand sanitizer.
- Learning Outdoors. We have nine outdoor learning decks, three spacious playgrounds, a soccer field, and the Glenn to facilitate children being outside as much as possible.
- Virtual Tours only while students are present to keep our children and staff safe.
- Consistent Small Group Cohorts for each classroom. Children will stay in the same group each day. We are open 7:00am until 5:30pm. Most classroom teachers will work 8am until 5pm. If your child arrives before 8am or stays after 5pm they will be with support staff in a consistent small group.
- The same teachers will remain with the same group each day.
- Staff wear masks anytime they are unable to social distance from students or other staff or anytime they leave their classroom. *Except when in HIPPA violation
Cleaning and Sanitizing Protocols:
- ZONO machine running constantly sanitizing classroom contents. There is a sanitizing schedule followed for all classrooms.
- Daily Cleaning and Sanitizing by a cleaning crew using CDC approved products.
- Sanitizing and Deep Clean every weekend by a cleaning crew using CDC approved products.
- Advanced AirPlus Air Filtration System running constantly to clean our air.
- Bathrooms are sanitized between each classroom use with Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Art Studio, Nature Lab & Tinkering Hollow are sanitized after each classroom visit.
- Outdoor mealtimes as much as possible.
- Tablecloths on meal tables and replaced between each meal and appropriate sanitizing.
- Staff ensure children wash hands before and after meals (as always).
- Families are required to provide their own food for lunchtime.
What will a typical day look like at Carmel Mountain Preschool?
- Your child will wash their hands upon arriving at preschool.
- Children will be doing as much outdoor learning as possible on our nine outdoor learning decks and our three huge outdoor classroom certified playgrounds. The Glenn and soccer field are additional outdoor areas the children can utilize.
- Classrooms will have daily/weekly visits to our outdoor classroom, The Glenn. Glenn Teachers will teach from a distance and wear a mask around students. Glenn classes are being held outdoors and consist of the Art Studio, Tinkering Lab, and the Science & Nature Lab.
Additional Classroom Safety Measures:
- Classrooms will have a basket for used items to be sanitized in the ZONO.
- Classrooms are sanitized throughout the day using CDC approved products on classroom tables, chair backs, doorknobs, faucet handles, and other common areas.
- High traffic areas on the playgrounds are sanitized as needed.
- Support Staff will socially distance and wear a mask around students. Breaks are given outdoors to the best of our ability.
Have Questions? Please call 8584844877 or email email@example.com