Our resident art teacher and creative extraordinaire, Julie Goldstein, has whipped up this colorful, yummy and easy to eat fall inspired veggie recipe that her family loves, and hopes yours will too!
Shredded Carrot and Beet Salad
The more vibrant the color, the more nutrition there is to be found in a food. This salad is full of color, purple beets, orange carrots, and green from the fresh mint. This salad reminds me of a box of crayons and is a great way to get your child to eat these healthy veggies.
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup peeled and shredded carrot
1 cup peeled and shredded beet
2 tablespoons chopped mint
1. Whisk the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, ginger and salt together until thoroughly combined.
2. Put the carrots in a mixing bowl, drizzle with half of the dressing, and toss until evenly coated.
3. Place the carrots on one side of a shallow serving bowl.
4. Put the beets in the mixing bowl, drizzle with the remaining dressing, and toss until evenly coated.
5. Place the beets in the serving bowl next to the carrots for beautiful contrast of red and orange.
6. Top with the chopped mint before serving.
If you enjoyed this post we invite you to read our blog, “Healthy Fall Snacks for Kids: Oat Cookies with Pumpkin Crème“
Carmel Mountain Preschool provides a safe and caring environment with hands-on, developmentally-appropriate programs for children. We also offer excellent care for elementary school-age students with our before and after school programs. CMP is located at 9510 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA 92129, situated between 4S Ranch, Rancho Peñasquitos, Carmel Valley, and Santaluz. For more information, please visit our website or contact us at 858.484.4877.