BENEFITS OF CLAY PLAY:
- Developmental growth:
- Manipulating (squishing, squeezing, pulling, pushing, etc) a piece of clay helps develops the child’s large and small muscles – improving dexterity.
- Fosters eye-hand coordination.
- Builds a child’s ability to focus/builds attention span.
- Mathematical Understandings:
- Fosters beginning pattern making.
- Builds an experiential understanding of 3-dimensional shapes.
- Tactical experience of size and weight differences
- Literacy growth:
- builds vocabulary – pound, pinch, roll, flatten, poke, tear squeeze, coil, stretch, squash, twist, and bend
- Creative story telling with clay pieces
And so much more!
(Ms Salena from Nature Lab even paid the Natural History Museum a visit to bring us a REAL brown bear skull!)
Please check-out our awesome Carmel Mountain Preschool Art Studio here: The Art Studio – Carmel Mountain Preschool