- Liquid watercolor paint
- Water droppers
- Paint brushes
- White construction paper
- Animal templates cut from black construction paper.
1. Trace animal shape onto black paper and cut out. For this, I googled animal templates and printed it out. I traced and cut out the animal shapes to save time and some animals were to hard for tiny fingers to cut.
2. Have the kids use the water droppers to make large water drops onto the paper.
3. Use the liquid watercolor and drip the paint onto the water drops. The paint will absorb into the water and makes a really cool effect. Have the kids talk about what they notice as they drop the paint into the water.
4. We noticed that our papers were becoming very wet so we decided to life our paint tray to move the colors around. This also made a cool effect on our papers. When we were done painting we glued our animal shape onto the paper.